Finding the appropriate kind of accreditation for your business is a good way to boost the reputation of your product or service. With many different ways to get your business accredited, it’s easy to be confused whether or not a certain accreditation could provide leverage for your business. Fortunately, many business accreditation bodies offer guidance in handing out their seals of endorsement, including the ISO 17025. This specific accreditation is a sought-after feature among industries such as the healthcare and science sectors, which seek an edge in global competitiveness and world-class quality for their testing and calibration laboratories. Otherwise known as the ISO/IEC 17025, this quality standard is common among several major countries.
Nature of accreditation
All businesses that perform tests and calibration procedures are eligible to apply for an ISO 17025 accreditation. First- to third-party laboratories and those that include testing and calibration for product inspection and certification are also qualified. The standard could also be a contributing factor for the improvement of the organization’s management of administrative, quality, and technical systems. It could also serve as a complementary method for customers, regulators and other accreditation groups in the acknowledgment of a laboratory’s efficiency.
Accreditation and its benefits
Being accredited provides a multitude of advantages for your business, consumers, and the general public. There are many benefits for acquiring a certain accreditation for your business, but five reasons are simply enough to consider it:
- Risk management – With a notable accreditation, your business is more likely to accomplish exceptional tasks at a higher frequency. This could be attributed to the greater level of competency inspired by a renowned certification. As a result, the likelihood for the occurrence of risk is further diminished to a minimal scale.
- Consumer confidence – An accredited business is more appealing to its target audience, which is partly due to the connotation that the business is compliant with international quality standards.
- Adaptive towards due diligence – Business accreditation helps showcase the organization’s support to a fair and careful evaluation process.
- An improved status as a continually developing business – When your business is armed with an accreditation, it helps foster an impression that it is constantly taking up specific measures for business development. Whether it may be an internal process or from a third-party auditor, an accredited business is expected to demonstrate commitment to a regular analysis of its progress. Aside from monitoring its development, an accreditation also helps the business in finding new solutions to address issues in particular aspects of the organization.
- Professional advice– Your business may benefit from the expert opinion of an accreditation-giving body. These organizations are a very good source of objective information, which could unlock growth opportunities for your business.
Making sure that your business has the proper accreditation requires time and effort on your part. Do a thorough research on how you could comply with the different requirements of gaining approval. The process for acquiring business accreditation is entirely different from maintaining it. Treat it as a lifetime obligation and your business will surely be on the right track towards progress.